Marcy pays tribute to this ferociously funny and fantastic advice columnist. …
Marcy: Does this sound familiar? “Tormented? Driven Witless? Whipsawed by confusion?”
Yup. It’s E. Jean Carroll, advice columnist for Elle Magazine. And my hero/mentor/idol.
I found this hilarious video on E. Jean Carroll. (see below)
Did you know:
- E. Jean is the longest running advice columnist? In all of history?
- That she combines wit, snark, and sarcasm, along with a heartfelt desire to help people, to give real honest advice?
- That she is an animal lover?
- And, that she is unabashedly and brilliantly … herself! Blue trees and polka dot cars included. (watch the video and you’ll see what I mean)
E. Jean is my hero. ♥
Our own E. Jean Carroll is the longest running advice columnist in history—and possibly one of the most interesting women in the world:
Posted by ELLE Magazine (US) on Friday, July 21, 2017
Marcy’s favorite E. Jean quotes from this video:
- “I like getting up at noon.”
- “My personal life is fascinating.”
- “I get up around noon, I stagger out this door, and I throw open my arms, and I thank GOD I don’t have children.”
- “You go to the woods to find out who you are and then you find out who you are and you’re even happier than when you came. It’s wonderful.”
- “This is my shed.”
Marcy’s favorite E. Jean quotes of all time:
- “Getting straight A’s means diddly squat in the real world. Where it’s all about hustle, determination, focus, dressing right, and who you know.”
- “If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her eighteenth birthday, you can get out of bed.”
- “If your boyfriend tells you that you can’t do something, get another boyfriend.”
- “Weirdly we want to be: 1. Pretty, 2. Liked. 3. Not care if we are pretty or liked.”
- “Wear what you love. You’ll be criticized no matter what.”
*Don’t forget to check out Marcy’s own advice column, Dear Marcy. Ask her anything and hope she doesn’t answer! New post coming soon!