|Marcy Loses Her Cool|
Marcy (yelling): I’M SO HOT.
Cynthia (concerned): You okay?
Marcy: NOOOOOOOO. I’M SWEATING THROUGH MY PAWS.
Cynthia (panicking): That’s a bad sign. What can I do?
Marcy: Turn on the air conditioning already!
Cynthia (panicking even more): We don’t have air conditioning.
Marcy (still yelling): Fine. Then. Do This!
Cynthia frantically runs around doing all of the things Marcy suggests for keeping kitties cool during the summer heat.
1. Turn on the fans.
2. Put a pan of ice in front of the fan.
3. Block out the sun by closing the blinds.
4. Fill up a plastic bottle with water/Freeze it/Wrap it in a towel/Put it in my kitty bed.
5. Elevate my kitty bed so air passes under it.
6. Put ice cubes in my water dish.
7. Throw ice cubes on the floor so I can play with them and drink the water as they melt.
8. Rub me with a damp washcloth or paper towel or even your own damp hands.
9. Make sure to brush me so I don’t get matted fur which traps in the heat.
10. Consider getting the fur shaved on my stomach since that is a place where I heat up.
In record time, Cynthia completes every task except number 10. She grabs her car keys.
Cynthia: Okay, let’s go to the groomer’s to get your tummy shaved.
Marcy cools off in front of the fan whilst cradling an ice cube.
Marcy: Are you crazy? That look was so last year.