|Cynthia in her Firmoo frames|
Cynthia: I was really excited when the inexpensive online optical store, Firmoo, asked if it was okay for them to send me a pair of their eyeglasses to review.
Because I was frustrated at the whole “buying eyeglasses” process.
I had just been at my optometrist’s office a week before and needed new lenses for my glasses.
I checked out new frames and was frustrated at how expensive they all were. The price range was $150-$300. Just… ugh.
Add the lenses (progressive in my case) and anti reflective coating and we are talking $600. Just… double ugh.
So I skipped the new frames and only updated my lenses. Still annoyingly expensive.
Then Firmoo called. And I was so interested to check out one of the companies that is trying to cut costs for consumers. (And break up the Luxottica monopoly which is causing eye wear costs to skyrocket. But more on that in a future post.)
Marcy: You talk too much. Get to the review already.
Cynthia: Okay. Here we go!
- Affordable (The frames range from $26-$69. Adding single vision lenses is free. Adding progressive lenses is $36.95 or $49.95)
- Lots of options
- Same quality as my “expensive” Oliver Peoples glasses (yay!)
- Responsive customer service
- Fast turnaround and shipping
- Difficult to predict if the glasses will look good even with their “photo booth” and exact measurements.
- Made in China (I know how much we all support American made products and I felt guilty about my carbon footprint for a single pair of glasses).
- According to Firmoo, their free shipping is disabled due to packages not getting to their destinations at this level. You will not find this out until you checkout. The “upgraded” shipping fee is $9.95 and while that is not much, I feel this needs to be stated up front. Otherwise, it looks like a marketing game. Or at worst, a bait and switch.
I would order from Firmoo again. Totally worth it.
In fact, based on my experience, Freddy ordered a pair. For both of us, these are great back up glasses instead of our everyday frames. Unfortunately, nothing beats trying on glasses in person. The littlest detail can make the biggest difference in how you look.
However, I am thrilled that a company is offering glasses at the price they are worth. I hope they expand and work out the little kinks.
Marcy wants a pair too!
|Firmoo photo booth to “try on” the frames|
Marcy: Oh I look fabulous! Nobody looks better in a cat eye than a cat.