Cynthia: Here we are with our monthly installment of ‘Marcy’s Nine Likes’.
Marcy: I thought this was supposed to be weekly.
Cynthia: We changed it to monthly.
Marcy: Did I approve of this or have you gone rogue?
Cynthia: You were on catnip at the time but you thought it was groovy.
Marcy: I’m sure I meant gravy.
Marcy’s Nine Likes
1. Sweet and discreet: Minimalist tattoos by Seoeon.
2. Feel like you’re flying with this short video of a murmuration of starlings.
3. Really cool, really simple cat shoe DIY.
4. A pretty and delicate chevron necklace that’s made in the USA.
5. They say that 90% of native English speakers can’t pronounce this whole poem. Proof that the English language is pretty stupid.
6. Sofia Coppola’s holiday commercials for the GAP are weird and normal and perfect.
7. Holiday ballerina dress in edgy colors.
8. Fascinating video about how our society perceives women’s voices.
9. Makeup artist Tal Peleg creates another cool cat eye plus more!
xo and meow, marcy + cynthia
*You Might Also Like:
Marcy’s Nine Likes
Cynthia: As long as make-up artist extraordinaire, Tal Peleg, continues to create the most gorgeous and original cat eyes ever, I will continue to blog about them. I think they are magnificent. She calls this one “Yin and Yang” and it’s an update on her first cat eye that went viral last year. I blogged about that one here and her Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat one here.
Marcy: I thought one of my 2014 New Year’s resolutions for you was to decrease your use of silly superlatives.
Cynthia: My New Year’s resolution is to increase my use of super superlatives, Marcy. I want a new year that is coated in them. Now jump on board and join me in marveling at this most marvelous cat eye ever.
Tal Peleg‘s work continues to be intricate, emotional, and artistic. This next one is based on The Princess and the Pea.
Cynthia: And this next one is a startlingly precise depiction of manic depression.
Marcy: That is so pretty… but… so dark. Just like me.
Cynthia: Yes, so can we please aim for a year that contains more electric pink butterflies and less crying coal?
Marcy: I aim high. At least to the top of the refrigerator.
Cynthia: Make-up artist extraordinaire, Tal Peleg, does it again! Her latest eye make-up creation is inspired by Dr. Seuss!
Cynthia: Her detail and colors are stunning. Magical, really. And joyous. Just like Dr. Seuss.
The Cat In The Hat Comes Back was one of my favorite childhood books. I was mesmerized by the Cat’s antics. He’s the original Bad Cat!
|The Cat In The Hat Comes Back by Dr. Seuss
“Do you know where I found him?
You know where he was?
He was eating cake in the tub!
Yes he was!
The hot water was on
And the cold water, too.
And I said to the cat,
‘What a bad thing to do!’
‘But I like to eat cake
In a tub’, Laughed the cat.
‘You should try it some time’,
Laughed the cat as he sat.”
Marcy: gasp… That cat. He’s so bad!
Cynthia: Yes indeed. He is one bad kitty.
Marcy (eyes widening): He’s so bad!
Cynthia: Don’t get any ideas, Marcy.
Marcy (mesmerized): I can’t help it. He’s so bad!