*Introducing Marcy’s and Cynthia’s weekly faves of stuff around the web. (because really, there is just so. much. fun. stuff.)
1. Men Trapped Inside Anthropologie had me LOLing for hours. Poor human men.
2. Cindy wants to wear this dress and pretend she’s in a Downton Abbey episode.
3. Sage advice: Resident cat advises kitten on how to deal with family’s new puppy.
4. If you too have a style crush on Zooey Deschanel you will SO adore this site.
5. Kilkenny Cat Art is ready for Halloween. Are you?
6. This man raised $21,000 for cat rescue by collecting coins in the street.
7. Our fave photographer, Brooke Shaden, delves into her creative process and shows you how to find your own creative inspiration in her new book, Inspiration in Photography: Training your mind to make great art a habit.
8. Your little girl stuffed animal collection: Come to life. Cuteness overload alert!
9. Is everyone as excited as I am that the brave and awesome Malala Yousafzai won the Nobel Peace Prize?!
xo and meow,
cynthia + marcy
Cynthia: I love that my favorite fine art photographer, Brooke Shaden, is not only a cat lover but also a cat rescuer. She reposted this photo – one of her early works – to her Facebook page a few days ago since she was on her way to Best Friends Animal Society to volunteer AND to adopt another kitty.
This photo makes me think of Alice In Wonderland with the Cheshire Cat.
Marcy: She’s pretty awesome. Do you think she would let me be her kitty? I could pose for her. Instead of being known as Marcy Very Much I could be Marcy Very Muse. Our pictures would be fantastical and magical and beautiful. It will be known as the Marcical era of photography.
Cynthia raises her eyebrow. She is skeptical.
Marcy (offended): What?
Cynthia: Her pictures are already fantastical and magical and beautiful. Remember that post I did about her a few months ago? I am not so sure that she needs your help on that. Besides, I don’t think you could remain still long enough. It’s hard work to be an artist’s model.
Marcy glowers at Cynthia. She swishes her tail back and forth and flattens her ears.
Cynthia: Honestly, you think you could hold a pose like this?
Marcy: “I find inspiration in having the courage to try.”
Cynthia: Who says that?
Marcy (triumphantly): Brooke Shaden.
Marcy and Cynthia (exuberantly and in unison): Awww… She’s so awesome! We love her!
Cynthia: Shall we?
Marcy raises her Friskies can. Cynthia raises her martini glass.
Marcy and Cynthia: Cheers to Brooke Shaden for not only creating fantastical and magical and beautiful works of art, but for inspiring acts of generosity and kindness.
*Please check out more of Brooke Shaden’s amazing work on her website. She also updates her blog regularly with posts about how she creates her art work. Her posts are endlessly fascinating and always inspiring.