Seriously. No joke. …
(buying via the affiliate links may result in more treats for Marcy and Penelope Kitten)
Cynthia: As you know, we here at Marcy Very Much love to make fun of silly fashion trends.
Marcy: Love it.
Cynthia: And for the most part, we acknowledge that whatever item we are making fun of can be considered covetable by some parts of the population.
Marcy: For the most part.
Marcy: Delusional happiness. But, happiness just the same.
Cynthia: But seriously. When we saw these Clear Knee Mom Jeans we were absolutely certain they were a practical joke.
Cynthia: When we realized that they were not a practical joke we set out to skewer them in a blog post.
Cynthia: But then, we started reading the (fake) customer reviews on the Nordstrom site about the jeans and we realized that those reviews are way more hysterical than anything we could write.
Marcy: Nordstrom has since taken down the reviews, thus, proving that they have no sense of humor and they take these jeans seriously. But, I’m a cat who knows how to copy and paste!
Cynthia: So… without further ado – here are the fantastically funny faux reviews of the Topshop Clear Knee Mom Jeans that lived for a short while on the Nordstrom website!
From: GoodShoesCantLose (5 stars)
Perfect for Spring in New England
- Finally! These jeans are the perfect (whimsical!) solution to those chilly spring days when you want something fun and a little revealing, but you don’t want to freeze your knees off! Can’t wait to wear them at my moms’ group Easter Egg Hunt! I’ll be the only one there with no grass stains on my knees after helping my little one scoop up eggs. Just planned a knee buff at the salon so I’ll be ready!
From: ProudMammaInPA (4 stars)
- I’ve been looking for a way to display the free 4×6 prints that apps have been offering lately. I’m only giving 4 stars because I had to add a panel in the back to hold the photos.My teenagers are going to be SO excited when I wear these to show off new pictures of them. I’m especially excited for #TBT !!
From: ShowgirlLola (4 stars)
Fogged Up My Knee Windows
- As stylish as they are, my knees stick to the plastic from time to time and when it’s a little warmer out, my knees are extra sweaty and fog up the plastic. I guess if you’re not a very sweaty person they’re perfect. I just need little windshield wipers for mine or a defogger. If they were a little more “mom-ish” i would probably have extra room for such features. Still worth EVERY. DANG. PENNY. Gotta show off those knees! Drives the dads WILD
From: Deforistation (5 stars)
A hairy situation
- Being a busy mom I find it difficult to find time to do the small things, like shave my legs. Like many, it was always easier to throw on a pair of jeans and hide my hairy legs. Not anymore after I bought these! I was once a lazy and hairy mom, but now to save me from embarrassment in public I have motivation back again to shave on a regular basis. TopShop you have given me my confidence back! Now if only you can invent windows for my armpits…
From: Bumblee3d (1 star)
- I really liked these but had to return them because there is not a matching jean shirt with clear elbows.
From: LeslieGS (1 star)
- I worried that I would have to shave if I wore these jeans, but now I realize I only need to shave about a 5 inch section so I’m good! My husband did always say that my knees were my best feature!
From: Chloe101 (5 stars)
- I’ve always wanted these jeans oh my goodness! Going to the strip club with these was really beneficial, everyone loves the flash of a knee (; Thank you Topshop, I can now have windows for my knees!
From: Lyrical 235 (4 stars)
- Fits just fine. Easy to see the knees.
Our bloggy friend, Gwen of London Preppy, sent us the faux reviews of these jeans from across the pond. That’s right, the jeans are sold at Topshop stores in London. Gwen says that some of the sizes have even sold out!
I’m with reader, Lady K, and would love to see these out and about in real life. Please send a pic if you’ve bought these jeans. I promise we’ll be nice!
Thanks, Gwen! ♥
Finally, raincoats for knees!
- I want to look amazing in ripped jeans but living in a rainy climate means my knees are often vulnerable to perilous weather conditions. Now finally I can be fashionable and practical, my knees salute you Topshop.
Windows to the knees
- I’ve always felt that if eyes are the window to the soul, why on earth should jeans not be windows to the knees? At last this musing has come to fruition. Absolutely recommended.
My best purchase this month
- Where can I start? These jeans are perfect for me. I love the look of knees and I hate that normal jeans cover them up. I have bought a pair of these jeans for my wife and 2 daughters and they love them too. I like to see their knees as they wear them. This truly is an innovative design.
- These jeans are incredible – no longer do I have to feel ‘knee shamed’ as a person who has had medical issues with my knees in the past, I can now be proud of who I am and how my knees look, and show the world what my knees mean to me.
- Also, it’s incredible how these jeans are ‘100% cotton’ – including the clear panel which looks like plastic (but can’t be) and metal-looking zipper and button – cotton is such a versatile material.
Jeans are ace
- If you love knees and you love jeans you will love knees jeans. It’s just like putting your knees in a greenhouse so expect sweat, lots of sweat. Also be prepared for people in the street to point, or cover their mouths and look like they are giggling as you pass. Sometimes you’ve got to make sacrifices for fashion and if that involves covering your knees in a clear carrier bag so be it.